Tracks Air Wireless headphones from Sol Republic:- A Review

If you are a dedicated music lover you already know the golden rule is that one should never compromise the quality of sound. I have to admit that I've gone through a lot of headphones in my day in search of a specific sound. 

I've always been interested in that one set that would give me depth, range and a tempered bass. Instead I've been getting a whole lot of those that made my jazz collection sound either too strident or hollow. Today I am proud to say that I have finally found the headphones that I've been looking for.  

I got to tell you that the new Tracks Air wireless headphones by Sol Republic with Motorola is indeed the perfect partner that your music has been craving. These headphones have a sound that is so superior that a casual listen can easily transport you into your own private club or party spot. Indeed, it's the closet thing to being front stage of a live performance; the quality of sound is very crisp and clear.

I received my headphones in the mail from the good folks at Sol Republic and what impressed me was the way the set is tastefully packaged. My set was a gunmetal color but I've seen some pretty colors online including red, white, deep blue and of course black.

I noticed that the headband was separated from the speakers making for a really sophisticated and modern look. The headband has been separated from the speakers so that you are able to swap the color of your headbands during the life of your headphones. 

The headband is really thick, sturdy and durable and what I love about it is the fact that there is a wide cushion padding at the top middle interior of the headband making for a comfortable fit.  The same cushion padding can be found on the speakers which is so gentle on your ear especially around the area of the helix and anti-helix. My anti-helix was actually bruised from listening to long hours of music on really bad headphones; I still have the scar to prove it! With Tracks Air it is designed to fit snugly enough to lock in the sound for hours of listening pleasure.

The headband slides easily into the slots on the top of each speaker; the slot is big and wide enough so that it is adjustable to either fit loosely or tightly.  So while the headband rides high enough for you to wear over a cap or a thick head of hair once you fit it on, it stays in place unlike other headphones on the market.
You have the choice of listening to your music all plugged in or you can choose to listen to it through the wireless feature.  Going wireless affords you the opportunity to listen to your favorite songs from within a 150.ft range. 

With that kind of range you can get your chores done around the home without having to deal with the bulk of a music device in your pocket; you don't even have to worry about the headphones falling over in the mop bucket either.

It's also worth saying that while other wireless headphones produce wireless sounds that disintegrate with each listen, Tracks Air has the staying power and the brilliant sound remains.

To start using the headphones, you have to press the power button which is at the top of the speakers. A blue light gives you the signal that the device has been turned on.

The set is designed to be used in sync with Bluetooth audio. The outside of the speakers has a tap-screen feature that allows you to sync any of your devices via a dual-device connectivity. 

All your controls when you use the headphones wireless are on the speakers. You have the ability to push a button to talk on the built-in mic and should your telephone ring during your listening time, the device will pause the music so that you can take your call. Even after the call there is a swap feature that makes it easy to switch from phone to music listening mode. 

These headphones continue to be awesome as you can also swap from a movie on your tablet to your phone with the touch of a button without switching devices.

The battery life on the headphones is 15 hours. To recharge the battery you will have to plug in the standard cables in order to enjoy your music on another device such as your laptop or computer. 

Tracks Air retails for $200 at most stores and those who have had the chance to listen to the quality it produces will agree with me when I say that the price is well worth it.


Comments